Skip to main content

Creep-a-Day Challenge Day 9



Halloween Heart Pendant!


This pendant gives me story ideas...

Last night I decided to make a pendant so I made sure all of my supplies and tools were ready to go. Could it be that this challenge is improving my organizational skills? Doubtful. My house looks like a craft store blew up in it.


Supplies:
Scrapbook paper
Halloween rub-on transfers (I got mine at Target in the seasonal scrapbooking area)
Glossy Accents™
Heart pendant  (I used a Susan Lenart Kazmer bezel from Spellbinders)
Split jump ring
Ball chain

Tools:
Artisan X-plorer crafting system by Spellbinders
Heart die to match the bezel
Base plate
Cutting plate
Scissors
I needed these!
Jewelry pliers

The How:

I was just barely awake when I started this project. I grabbed my scrapbook paper and moved my heart die around until I liked the placement. I cut out a rectangle larger than the die and made a “sandwich” with my base plate, the face-up paper, the face-down die, and the top cutting plate. I ran the sandwich through my X-plorer machine and put the perfectly-cut heart with my supplies.










Opened sandwich, post cut.
I really recommend getting a machine of this sort if you are going to make a lot of pendants. The years I spent cutting things out by hand seem like a silly waste of time.
















I needed these too...



So I got to work very early and decided to use the time to get this pendant done. I assembled my supplies and got cracking.

















Let's do this!!!
I went through each of the rub-on transfers in my supplies and this skeletal tree just seemed to jump out at me. I cut around the design and removed the plastic backing and positioned it in the desired spot. The kit I bought came with a plastic rubbing tool. I used a lot of pressure to rub the transfer onto the paper and held my breath when I lifted the plastic sheet…hooray! All of the design transferred!





So glad the transfers all stuck!
















Looks good!

Next, I put a squiggle of Glossy Accents™ on the inside of the bezel and lay the embellished heart face-up on it. I used the rubbing tool to smooth out any air bubbles and let it dry for a few minutes.












More fun than watching glue dry!

I applied a layer of Glossy Accents over the entire paper surface, making sure to avoid air bubbles. As the piece dried I kept an eye out for bubbles forming and popped them with a pin.











Ta-dahhhh!!!
Once the gloss was dry, I opened a jump ring and attached it to the bezel’s ring and then slid on a ball chain.

Eerie and elegant and one-of-a-kind!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WIP Wednesday: Multiple Projects, Little Workspace

March is here and I'm hoping that means spring is just about here. I'm tired of being cold all the time! I sure do miss those warm Arizona days ... and the smell of orange blossoms.

Right now, I've got three projects going on my work table and am really enjoying my progress and the process.

'Secondhand Angel' is a broken bisque doll with brass wings, a monocle frame for a halo and a brass candle holder as a base. She's the antithesis of my 'Handsome Devil' and I love her for her simplicity.









'Pride' is another of my 'Seven Deadly Sins' pieces and he's a wee bisque doll who wears a base metal crown to show his importance but he isn't big enough to fit his ornate pedestal, a brass vase. He's done, except for maybe a clear coat of paint.




The last is an untitled piece and it's another Halloween clock assemblage. This one will feature an unconventional seating arrangement ... I don't want to spoil the surprise!

WIP Wednesday: A Cozy Fire

This little number is almost complete and I just want to shrink myself down so I can live in it! There was a lot of trial and error, but I think it is turning out great and I've learned a few things along the journey. There aren't a lot of "in-progress" photos because my hands were pretty inky while making it and I didn't want to ruin my camera or phone. Here's the low-down so far:



Supplies:
***All of the supplies for this project so far are Tim Holtz except for the LED lights and acrylic paints***
Vignette Tray (large)
Vignette Box
Vignette Frame
Vignette Hardware
Tiny Vials
Corked Vials
Bouquet
Skulls
Baroque Frame
Mini Pocket Watches
Lantern
Boneyard
Halloween Paper Stash (2017 and 2018)
Alcohol Inks in Gunmetal, Watermelon, Jet Black, Terra Cotta
Distress Stain in Walnut Stain
Distress Ink in Aged Mahogany, Candied Apple, Black Soot, Walnut Stain
Distress Collage Medium in Vintage
Perfect Pearls Gold
Scraps of cardboard packaging from the Sanding Block
T…

31 Tags of Halloween: Tag 31

My hands didn't bleed today but boy are they still dry and angry. More lotion is on the menu tonight.

This tag turned out so cool! There were many, many "oopsie" moments, as always, but I'm happy with it!

Supplies used include Tim Holtz Halloween paper stash and ephemera, brads, and stars. I used Distress Ink in Carved Pumpkin, Walnut Stain, and Black Soot and my Distress Marker in Black Soot too. Glossy Accents was my glue of choice and I typed up all of the text and images and printed them out on regular printer paper. There was one piece of Tim Holtz Collector Layers I used because the paper was a nice heft.

First, I traced and cut out my tag.

I flipped the Collector Layers piece over and traced out my pencil cup because the circle is wider than my tag. This is going to be my spinner piece. I cut it out and sectioned it out into eight wedges. I cut out the printed images and glued them to my spinner and then added Walnut Stain ink then used a thumb tack to make a …