Skip to main content

Creep-a-Day Challenge Day 6



 Two Jacks Halloween Cards!

Just a couple of jacks
 

Handmade cards can be fun and easy to make! Many months ago, when a scrapbooking store was closing, I snagged a pack of cards and envelopes for a pretty nice price. I knew they’d be for Halloween but I didn’t have a clue what to do with them.

Not long after that, I spied the jack o’ lantern punch on sale at a craft store and had to get it. It wasn’t until a week ago when I came up with the idea for this card.

What you need!
Supplies:
Orange paper
Plain cards w/ matching envelopes (I used “Create-A-Card” by Doodlebug Design Inc.™)
Jack o’ lantern punch (I used ek tools™)
2 ½ inch circle punch (I used ek tools™)
Glue (I used Glossy Accents™)









Look at that smile!
The How:


I punched out a jack o’ lantern face in the orange paper, making sure I left space around it. I set aside the punched-out pieces because I think I can use them for a future Creep-a-Day project.














 
Lining that face up right!


Next I took my circle punch and centered it around the cut out jack o’ lantern face and punched it out.










Twinsies!!







I repeated this until I had 24. (I used 3 sheets of paper)


Severed pumpkin heads!!!!










Be careful with that glue!





With all of my jacks cut out, I began gluing them to the cards. I put a fine squiggle of glue all around the

backside of a jack and then placed it carefully on the card so that I was slightly askew. I repeated this with the next jack.

Looks nifty!


















That's one cute card!



I liked how this looked so I glued down the remaining jacks to their cards and set them all aside to dry.












Now I just need to address the envelopes and write a silly message wishing some special people a very Happy Halloween!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WIP Wednesday: Multiple Projects, Little Workspace

March is here and I'm hoping that means spring is just about here. I'm tired of being cold all the time! I sure do miss those warm Arizona days ... and the smell of orange blossoms.

Right now, I've got three projects going on my work table and am really enjoying my progress and the process.

'Secondhand Angel' is a broken bisque doll with brass wings, a monocle frame for a halo and a brass candle holder as a base. She's the antithesis of my 'Handsome Devil' and I love her for her simplicity.









'Pride' is another of my 'Seven Deadly Sins' pieces and he's a wee bisque doll who wears a base metal crown to show his importance but he isn't big enough to fit his ornate pedestal, a brass vase. He's done, except for maybe a clear coat of paint.




The last is an untitled piece and it's another Halloween clock assemblage. This one will feature an unconventional seating arrangement ... I don't want to spoil the surprise!

WIP Wednesday: A Cozy Fire

This little number is almost complete and I just want to shrink myself down so I can live in it! There was a lot of trial and error, but I think it is turning out great and I've learned a few things along the journey. There aren't a lot of "in-progress" photos because my hands were pretty inky while making it and I didn't want to ruin my camera or phone. Here's the low-down so far:



Supplies:
***All of the supplies for this project so far are Tim Holtz except for the LED lights and acrylic paints***
Vignette Tray (large)
Vignette Box
Vignette Frame
Vignette Hardware
Tiny Vials
Corked Vials
Bouquet
Skulls
Baroque Frame
Mini Pocket Watches
Lantern
Boneyard
Halloween Paper Stash (2017 and 2018)
Alcohol Inks in Gunmetal, Watermelon, Jet Black, Terra Cotta
Distress Stain in Walnut Stain
Distress Ink in Aged Mahogany, Candied Apple, Black Soot, Walnut Stain
Distress Collage Medium in Vintage
Perfect Pearls Gold
Scraps of cardboard packaging from the Sanding Block
T…

31 Tags of Halloween: Tag 31

My hands didn't bleed today but boy are they still dry and angry. More lotion is on the menu tonight.

This tag turned out so cool! There were many, many "oopsie" moments, as always, but I'm happy with it!

Supplies used include Tim Holtz Halloween paper stash and ephemera, brads, and stars. I used Distress Ink in Carved Pumpkin, Walnut Stain, and Black Soot and my Distress Marker in Black Soot too. Glossy Accents was my glue of choice and I typed up all of the text and images and printed them out on regular printer paper. There was one piece of Tim Holtz Collector Layers I used because the paper was a nice heft.

First, I traced and cut out my tag.

I flipped the Collector Layers piece over and traced out my pencil cup because the circle is wider than my tag. This is going to be my spinner piece. I cut it out and sectioned it out into eight wedges. I cut out the printed images and glued them to my spinner and then added Walnut Stain ink then used a thumb tack to make a …