Skip to main content

Creep-a-Day Challenge Day 3



 Other People’s Creepy Family

What's her secret???

 


I collect old photos of people’s pets, people that creep me out, disasters, and funereal photos. A few years back I started making little ornaments featuring the people (and sometimes pets!) and I referred to them as Other People’s Families. 

A few months ago I was at an antique store sifting through photos and this woman caught my eye. I knew she would be featured in something this Halloween but I wasn’t sure what it would be until yesterday.

Cautions: Pretty much everything needed to make this craft I had on hand. You might need to buy a frame and mat or any of the other supplies.

Supplies:
Old photograph
Halloween-themed scrapbook paper
Stickers
Glue (I use Ranger Glossy Accents™)
Photo mat
Frame

Tools:
Scissors

The How:

Something about her eyes...
Once I chose the photo I wanted, I took a picture of it and emailed it to myself as a JPEG. You could scan the photo and save it to your computer, if you have the equipment handy.

I saved the image in varying sizes and printed them out in color. Because I thought I might want to use her image again in another project, I saved those images in my paper horde.

With nimble fingers, I cut the woman out of the photo and set her aside. (I chose some spooky scrapbook paper and cut it to fit the frame I decided to use.

I placed the scrapbook paper with my chosen design face-up and put the mat on top of it. I then situated the woman where I wanted her and put a small squiggle of Glossy Accents on the backside of the cutout and glued her in place. (carefully rubbing the cutout to remove any air bubbles)
True love always...











The image looked nice, but it needed something so I raided my craft stash and got stickers and rhinestones. After much arranging and rearranging, I came up with a look I liked.



Secrets we will share forever...creepy much???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WIP Wednesday: Multiple Projects, Little Workspace

March is here and I'm hoping that means spring is just about here. I'm tired of being cold all the time! I sure do miss those warm Arizona days ... and the smell of orange blossoms.

Right now, I've got three projects going on my work table and am really enjoying my progress and the process.

'Secondhand Angel' is a broken bisque doll with brass wings, a monocle frame for a halo and a brass candle holder as a base. She's the antithesis of my 'Handsome Devil' and I love her for her simplicity.









'Pride' is another of my 'Seven Deadly Sins' pieces and he's a wee bisque doll who wears a base metal crown to show his importance but he isn't big enough to fit his ornate pedestal, a brass vase. He's done, except for maybe a clear coat of paint.




The last is an untitled piece and it's another Halloween clock assemblage. This one will feature an unconventional seating arrangement ... I don't want to spoil the surprise!

WIP Wednesday: A Cozy Fire

This little number is almost complete and I just want to shrink myself down so I can live in it! There was a lot of trial and error, but I think it is turning out great and I've learned a few things along the journey. There aren't a lot of "in-progress" photos because my hands were pretty inky while making it and I didn't want to ruin my camera or phone. Here's the low-down so far:



Supplies:
***All of the supplies for this project so far are Tim Holtz except for the LED lights and acrylic paints***
Vignette Tray (large)
Vignette Box
Vignette Frame
Vignette Hardware
Tiny Vials
Corked Vials
Bouquet
Skulls
Baroque Frame
Mini Pocket Watches
Lantern
Boneyard
Halloween Paper Stash (2017 and 2018)
Alcohol Inks in Gunmetal, Watermelon, Jet Black, Terra Cotta
Distress Stain in Walnut Stain
Distress Ink in Aged Mahogany, Candied Apple, Black Soot, Walnut Stain
Distress Collage Medium in Vintage
Perfect Pearls Gold
Scraps of cardboard packaging from the Sanding Block
T…

"I Dare You" Halloween Project

Today was my last day of "vacation" and this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Halloween/Spooky got me excited to make something dark! Funny how an idea can go sideways from the beginning yet turn out just right! I had grand ideas for a very spooky make using an old printer's block but ... it morphed into something else.

Being rested, I was able to make this piece and finish another blog post. Oh, to have this energy all week long ...

This started off with alcohol ink on Yupo paper. I used Pitch Black and Purple Twilight. I added dabs of the Purple Twilight to a felt round on my blending tool then added dabs of Pitch Black.

 I pounced and swirled the ink all over the Yupo sheet (I use a large pad of Yupo).
Once the ink was dry, I added Archival Ink in Watering Can to a cool vintage printer's block, but it didn't hold the ink and wouldn't transfer to the Yupo. It was a bummer, but I decided to use an older Tim Holtz block stamp of a tree instead…