Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Creep-a-Day Challenge Day 15

Candy Tree


It looks delicious...
I saw some really cute Halloween candy trees and thought I'd try my hand at one. I love, love, love the Necco Peanut Butter Kisses and thought "Now you have a reason to buy a lot of these..." As a  bonus, I'm able to use the polymer clay jack o' lantern I made a few days ago! So here is my attempt.

Supplies:
Styrofoam cone
Dowel rod
Polymer clay jack o' lantern
Straight pins
Necco Peanut Butter Kisses candies

The How:

What you need!
Basically, I just stuck a pin through the twisted end of a candy and then inserted it into the cone, starting from the bottom.

I didn't have a color pattern, just pinned a candy as I took it out of the bag.











Not enough candy! Nooo!!!
After two bags...I ran out of candy!!! I had a smaller cone on hand so moved the candies over.



















When I had added candies up to the top, I decided it needed a topper. Thank goodness I had that jack o' lantern from a few days ago!!!

I added the dowel rod and it there it was: my own candy tree. We'll see how long it lasts!
Oh Halloween Tree, Oh Halloween Tree, how lovely are thy branches...





No comments:

Post a Comment