Skip to main content


Showing posts from February, 2018


It's taken a bit of time, but I finally completed Lust my first Seven Deadly Sins assemblage. I started this project back in September and kind of stalled out after I had torn the Titian artwork and bits of inspiration hit and missed.

I had used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain to color the edges of the paper and then glued it in place with Ranger Glossy Accents. 

First, I added some Aves Apoxie Clay as a base and added some Tim Holtz Heirloom Roses into the clay. After it cured, I colored the whole shebang with Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink in Poppy Field.
 It took weeks and several scouting trips to antique stores to find a simple all-white vintage handkerchief but I finally found one! I cut it down to size and aged it by getting the fabric wet and adding drops of Tim Holtz Distress ink in Antique Linen. I used my heat tool to dry the fabric and then wrapped the toga around the doll. To keep it in place, I added a bit of Glossy Accents. I had a bit of unused gold-toned chain and…

Creepy Panels

While cleaning out my office a while back, I re-discovered a Shrinky Dink I made of a conjoined twin skeleton. Inspiration struck and I painted some panels and made more Shrinky Dinks to accompany the skeleton, then life got in the way of crafting and the bits sat on my desk. I decided today's Snow Day task would be to finish these Creepy Panels.

The bases of these unique wall hangings are Tim Holtz Burlap Panels with a layer of black acrylic paint.

I used the same black paint to dry brush the fronts of  Tim Holtz Vignette Panels and painted their sides solid black.

While paint dried, I broke out my Shrink Dink paper and traced out old anatomical drawings of skulls, bones, and even a spider using a black Sharpie marker. I cut them out and baked them to make cool tiles.

The white wasn't working for me so I used Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink in Mushroom on the shiny side of the plastic to give it an aged look. The skull in the lower right corner was a boo boo - I added the Alcohol Ink …

Lore of the Vampire: The End

If you've been watching the progress of this piece, thank you! If you're new, thanks for stopping by - you can see the process in Part I and Part II.

The glass vial I used is a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Corked Vial. I used Distress Stain in Walnut Stain on the cork itself to make it dark and added a few drops of Ranger Blending Solution along with Adirondack Alcohol Inks in Sail Blue and the Silver Mixative then let the colors swirl and coat the inside of the glass.

While the alcohol inks dried, I added a few drops of E-6000 to the back of an antique crucifix donated to the cause by my wonderful hubby. I set it in place and let it cure.

With the alcohol inks dry, I corked the vial and added E-6000 to the back of the vial and set it in place as well.
I'm over the moon with how this piece turned out and hope it finds a good home very soon.

I've already begun a small collection of new pieces and will be sharing the progress soon.