Friday, October 17, 2014

Creep-a-Day Challenge Day 17



Stabbed Pumpkin


He had it coming!
When I was thinking of crafts for this month, I planned on making blood-spattered pumpkins for home. I stumbled upon a lone cheese spreader in a drawer and I knew I wanted to make the pumpkin the victim of a serious stab wound.

Supplies:
Small fake pumpkin
Cheese spreader with a plain handle (or a small knife)
Silver acrylic paint
Red alcohol ink (I used Tim Holtz® Adirondack® by Ranger®)
Paint brush
Paint palette
Waxed paper

The How:

This craft was deceptively easy! Before you begin, make sure you lay out a piece of waxed paper to cover
Your supplies, madam...
your work surface.



















Cuts like buttah..
I stabbed my cheese spreader into the foam heart of the pumpkin partway through.













That's not a knife...
I squeezed a small amount of silver paint onto my palette and painted a thin coat over the “blade” of the
spreader to make it look like a knife. I let it dry and added another coat.














I seem to have made a mess...
With the paint completely dry, I carefully added a small drop of ink where the blade and pumpkin met and let it slowly drip down. I repeated with small drops until they blended a bit and gave a nice runny drip of “blood.” Let dry.









I finished this project long before work and a coworker loved it so much, I gave it to her after I took pictures
This would be cute atop a pile of red napkins..
for the blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment