To say I am a novice at this "art" thing is a big understatement. I'm getting better, but am still figuring out what supplies do (and don't) play well together.
The first mishap was learning that the adhesive I used to attach a bisque doll to a metal piece failed when a rusting agent was applied. There was some cursing, but I got over it.
|The bisque figure was missing its arms|
|Originally, this was going to be a harpy but the arrows made me think Cupid|
The second mishap was the glitter texture I wanted over the plastic bones. For some reason, the acrylic paint I used just didn't want to stick to the plastic. Never had this problem before, it was frustrating. Then the glitter was too big and totally camouflaged the bones to make them look like sparkly blobs. The smaller glitter just wouldn't stick.
|Plastic bones nestled in a glob of Aves Apoxie|
|Too white and "clean"|
Next, the stain I applied to the borders of the photo reacted badly with the crackle effect. I tried different stains over top to lessen the "damage" but I think I just need to accept it for what it is.
|Needed to balance the colors more|
|The crackle really didn't play well with the white stain over the photo|
The darkness of the photo and the Cupid were too jarring next to the lovely white bones so I added a copper pearl, which looked too peachy. Adding paint over it just made a pale terracotta hue that I didn't care for. Next came gold and bronze accents and finally black ink dry brushed over everything to tone it all down. I'm still not 100% pleased and will be attacking it again this weekend.
I'm learning and storing all of these mini disasters away in my "Do Not Try This" section of the ol' brain. The final product will be up for grabs in my Etsy store careybeecrafts.etsy.comhttps://www.etsy.com/shop/careybeecrafts.
|Toned down and deciding placement for more adornments|