Skip to main content

31 Tags of Halloween: Days 21, 22, 23

You know how I always have something hinky happen with my crafting plans? Well, this past weekend we took a little trip to Michigan and I packed up my crafting supplies with ideas of tags filling my head.We had a break from adventuring so I decided to make a quick tag...but forgot my scissors at home. All of my tag ideas required scissors and I didn't want to buy a pair because I have way too many pairs to begin with so I made the decision to stop fussing and just make three tags today.

Tag 21
My first tag uses almost all Tim Holtz items except for the delightfully grungy tinsel garland. I assembled a tag, a piece of Halloween paper stash with handwriting on it, Distress Ink in Walnut Stain,  the skeleton Halloween ephemera, and Typography.

First, I traced and cut out my tag on the paper and used Glossy Accents to glue them together. I used a standard hole punch to make the hole.

Next, I edged the tag and ephemera in the Walnut Stain.

I cut out pieces of the garland and glued them to the back of the ephemera with Glossy Accents. I put foam dots on the backside to make it have more dimension on the tag.

I used Glossy Accents to glue my letters in place. Once everything was dry, I added the garland string.


Tag 22
This tag uses all Tim Holtz items except for the twine string. I used a tag, Halloween paper stash for the background and tore out the creepy photos from another sheet, Halloween Clippings stickers, Distress Ink in Black Soot, a Wish bone and Boneyard piece, and Glossy Accents.

First step for this one was tracing and cutting out that background paper and making the top hole. Once it was glued in place with Glossy Accents, I edged it with Black Soot.

I tore out two creepy portraits and edged the tears with Black Soot. Glossy Accents secured them to the paper.

I added the stickers.

Next, I added Glossy Accents to the backs of the bones and let them dry.

I used a double-thickness of twine to give the tag more weight.


Tag 23
The last tag I knew I wanted a vintage feel. I gathered Halloween paper stash (plaid!), Salvage Stickers in Seasonal and Lost and Found, Glossy Accents, and Distress Ink in Walnut Stain.

First, I traced and cut out a tag from the plaid paper. I love orange and black plaid so much! I glued it in place with Glossy Accents and made sure to punch the top hole out. I edged it in Walnut Stain.

Next, I cut out a tag shape from the Halloween paper stash and added Walnut Stain to its entire surface. I edged the 'Hallowe'en Greeting" sticker as well and added some Glossy Accents to the back of it to make sure it stays in place on the small tag shape. I used foam dots on the back of the tag shape to stick it to the plaid tag.

I had a 'PUMPKIN' sticker but it was too big for my tag. I saw it was on the cover of the sticker book so I cut it out, edged it in Walnut Stain, and glued it to the tag with Glossy Accents.

I didn't have all of theLost and Found letters for 'PATCH' so I had to borrow a 'T' from the Thanksgiving sheet of stickers. I added Glossy Accents to the backs of these letters for added holding power.

Finally, I used another double-thickness of the twine and added some glittery orange ribbon for a bit of sparkle.


These tags turned out better than I had imagined them and I'm in love with the super grungy tinsel garland I found at an antique shop. The brand is Lancaster Home and Holiday and it came on a large spool. 

As always, it was tough coming back home after such an awesome fall trip to Michigan. The lake was gorgeous and the weather was just perfect. We didn't make it to the haunted attractions, but we did spend the day at the Michiana Antique Vintage Artisan Market (Gypsy Soul Junk Hippie HarvestMarket) where I got a few vintage cheeseboxes to make winter scenes in and a lovely vintage Halloween blow mold to add to my collection.
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Witch's Lair

So a little while ago, Tim Holtz had a video showing all of the new Ideal-ology goodies for Christmas. You know me, I bleed orange and black, but one thing in particular made me OOL (ooh out loud). The Vignette Box Tops. When I saw the sweet scenes he made out of Vignette Boxes and those tops...my Halloween vein started throbbing! I ordered them and finally got them Thursday. I was off work yesterday and not feeling well so I created this neat little vignette! Everything used to create this project is Tim Holtz except for the black creepy drape cloth, the glass glitter, and the moss. It all started with larger Vignette box. I cut a piece of Halloween paper to fit the back and edged it in Black Soot Distress ink.  I took the largest box top and traced it out onto a piece of Lost and Found paper stash. I wanted to use a Halloween design, but the paper was just a bit too small. Once I had the box top traced, I cut it out and cut out the little window portion as well. I added Black

My Submission for Needle's Flash Fiction Challenge

"Gone Fishing" Copyright 2010 by Carey Burns Prissy jumped down from Veronica's lap and skittered to the front of the fishing boat, her paws on the side rail as she barked at the kids fishing on the shoreline. "Von, will you keep that ratty dog quiet? She's scaring away the fish." Sam reeled in his slack line, wishing he would have left her and that damn dog of hers at home instead of letting her weasel her way into his fishing trip with Bailey. Baily Evers was the only reason Von had any interest in fishing and she flirted with him mercilessly in the truck and for the first hour on the lake until Sam told her to shut her silly mouth. Since then Veronica sat sulking with Prissy whimpering in her arms. Bailey chuckled. "Maybe we can hang ol' Pris over the edge and see if there really are barracuda in this lake." He tilted back his Dodgers' cap and wiped the sweat from his brow, squinting as he stared off across the lake. "Should we

I Have No Words

This post has been a difficult one to write.  Like so many others, the pandemic has really thrown me into a loop and brought many unexpected and unwanted changes.   I left my job of over 19 years in October. The stress, frustration, and unhappiness was too much and the negativity was seeping into my off-time and basically killed any motivation I had to write or make anything.  Around that same time, my sister's breast cancer returned with a vengeance and destroyed the funny, loving, energetic woman I had always known and loved. She became a fragile shell and then she was gone.  My heart was still raw when my mother, the rock of our family, died unexpectely on Friday. I'm stunned. Shocked. It makes no sense. She's gone.  I'm not sure what the future holds for me. I've been working in the healthcare field and I'm happy with the job but life keeps telling me how short it is and I think I need to really listen this time.