Skip to main content

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 16

While going through the mess on my desk in the Halloween room, I found one last haunted house die cut! My first thought was to hoard it because it's my precious, but a friend loved the house on another tag and she wanted more tags from me so another haunted house tag she will have!

I gathered together my tag, Distress Ink in Carved Pumpkin, Forest Moss, and Black Soot. I used Distress Collage Medium to glue the house in place and Tim Holtz Halloween Trimmings for the string.

First I inked the spot where my house windows would be in the Carved Pumpkin. I dry fitted the house over the orange to make sure it fit right.




Next, I inked the rest of the card in Forest Moss. I liked the color, but wanted a brighter green too. I'm a champion of 'making do,' so I grabbed Lucky Clover and highlighted around the orange and blended it into the rest of the card. I really like the contrast between the brighter Lucky Clover and the dingy, smoggy Forest Moss!

I always have to have that Black Soot in my projects and this time it was to edge the tag.  

I added Collage Medium to the back of the house and smeared it around with my finger. It stuck fairly well so I'm thinking I might be getting better at using it!

The finishing touch was a sparkly ribbon to pull out the orange and black.


Do you believe in ghosts? I'm a "sympathetic skeptic" myself...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WIP Wednesday: Multiple Projects, Little Workspace

March is here and I'm hoping that means spring is just about here. I'm tired of being cold all the time! I sure do miss those warm Arizona days ... and the smell of orange blossoms.

Right now, I've got three projects going on my work table and am really enjoying my progress and the process.

'Secondhand Angel' is a broken bisque doll with brass wings, a monocle frame for a halo and a brass candle holder as a base. She's the antithesis of my 'Handsome Devil' and I love her for her simplicity.









'Pride' is another of my 'Seven Deadly Sins' pieces and he's a wee bisque doll who wears a base metal crown to show his importance but he isn't big enough to fit his ornate pedestal, a brass vase. He's done, except for maybe a clear coat of paint.




The last is an untitled piece and it's another Halloween clock assemblage. This one will feature an unconventional seating arrangement ... I don't want to spoil the surprise!

WIP Wednesday: A Cozy Fire

This little number is almost complete and I just want to shrink myself down so I can live in it! There was a lot of trial and error, but I think it is turning out great and I've learned a few things along the journey. There aren't a lot of "in-progress" photos because my hands were pretty inky while making it and I didn't want to ruin my camera or phone. Here's the low-down so far:



Supplies:
***All of the supplies for this project so far are Tim Holtz except for the LED lights and acrylic paints***
Vignette Tray (large)
Vignette Box
Vignette Frame
Vignette Hardware
Tiny Vials
Corked Vials
Bouquet
Skulls
Baroque Frame
Mini Pocket Watches
Lantern
Boneyard
Halloween Paper Stash (2017 and 2018)
Alcohol Inks in Gunmetal, Watermelon, Jet Black, Terra Cotta
Distress Stain in Walnut Stain
Distress Ink in Aged Mahogany, Candied Apple, Black Soot, Walnut Stain
Distress Collage Medium in Vintage
Perfect Pearls Gold
Scraps of cardboard packaging from the Sanding Block
T…

"I Dare You" Halloween Project

Today was my last day of "vacation" and this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Halloween/Spooky got me excited to make something dark! Funny how an idea can go sideways from the beginning yet turn out just right! I had grand ideas for a very spooky make using an old printer's block but ... it morphed into something else.

Being rested, I was able to make this piece and finish another blog post. Oh, to have this energy all week long ...

This started off with alcohol ink on Yupo paper. I used Pitch Black and Purple Twilight. I added dabs of the Purple Twilight to a felt round on my blending tool then added dabs of Pitch Black.

 I pounced and swirled the ink all over the Yupo sheet (I use a large pad of Yupo).
Once the ink was dry, I added Archival Ink in Watering Can to a cool vintage printer's block, but it didn't hold the ink and wouldn't transfer to the Yupo. It was a bummer, but I decided to use an older Tim Holtz block stamp of a tree instead…