Skip to main content

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 6

Oh my goodness, today started off badly. I'm not feeling so great, but I have to power through this little challenge, so here we are. I'm grateful that I at least have the day off to wallow in crankiness.

Initially, I wanted to make a ghostly tag and have some cool stickers on it that spell out 'Boo' but as with most projects, things took a turn...

I grabbed a tag, some nice Tim Holtz Halloween paper, those cool stickers, a Tim Holtz Paper Doll, Ranger Pigment Ink in Glacier White, Distress ink in Tea Dye, Glossy Accents, cheesecloth, and my favorite Tim Holtz tree stamp.



I inked up the stamp in Tea Dye, but it was lighter than I remembered. I grabbed some Distress ink in Walnut Stain and added lowlights and edged the card really well.

I dabbed the Glacier White over the paper doll to give her a very faded appearance. As she dried, I inked my stamp in Glacier White and stamped it onto my tag. Ghostly, but too ghostly. My heart sank. I grabbed my Archival ink in Black and re-inked the stamp and added it over the white, not fussing whether it was aligned perfectly or not.


This is where things went sideways! I thought 'You should totally black out a smaller paper doll and hang it from the tree!' But I wanted to have a ghost. And I wanted to use those stickers. Decisions, decisions.

I opted for the ghost, but the stickers didn't work for me now. I decided to go all out with the cheesecloth instead. I opted out of Glossy Accents and used Distress Collage Medium (in the bottle) for the very first time. I added it on the back of the paper doll and pressed the cheesecloth smoothly onto it then pressed the doll onto the tag. I gathered the extra cheesecloth to her front.

o add a bit more to the tag, I went through my Tim Holtz Halloween Clippings stickers and found 'In the shadow of the trees' which suited the tag. I inked the edges and smudged the words a bit with Distress Ink in Black Soot. The sticker didn't want to stay put so I used Glossy accents to glue it in place. 





I liked how it looked, but she was a little too sparse. I cut more cheesecloth and added it to the front of the paper doll with more Collage Medium (under the original layer of cheesecloth).

I love her with a fuller ghostly shroud! Now I need to search my stash to find a string to hang her from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WIP Wednesday: Multiple Projects, Little Workspace

March is here and I'm hoping that means spring is just about here. I'm tired of being cold all the time! I sure do miss those warm Arizona days ... and the smell of orange blossoms.

Right now, I've got three projects going on my work table and am really enjoying my progress and the process.

'Secondhand Angel' is a broken bisque doll with brass wings, a monocle frame for a halo and a brass candle holder as a base. She's the antithesis of my 'Handsome Devil' and I love her for her simplicity.









'Pride' is another of my 'Seven Deadly Sins' pieces and he's a wee bisque doll who wears a base metal crown to show his importance but he isn't big enough to fit his ornate pedestal, a brass vase. He's done, except for maybe a clear coat of paint.




The last is an untitled piece and it's another Halloween clock assemblage. This one will feature an unconventional seating arrangement ... I don't want to spoil the surprise!

31 Tags of Halloween: Tag 31

My hands didn't bleed today but boy are they still dry and angry. More lotion is on the menu tonight.

This tag turned out so cool! There were many, many "oopsie" moments, as always, but I'm happy with it!

Supplies used include Tim Holtz Halloween paper stash and ephemera, brads, and stars. I used Distress Ink in Carved Pumpkin, Walnut Stain, and Black Soot and my Distress Marker in Black Soot too. Glossy Accents was my glue of choice and I typed up all of the text and images and printed them out on regular printer paper. There was one piece of Tim Holtz Collector Layers I used because the paper was a nice heft.

First, I traced and cut out my tag.

I flipped the Collector Layers piece over and traced out my pencil cup because the circle is wider than my tag. This is going to be my spinner piece. I cut it out and sectioned it out into eight wedges. I cut out the printed images and glued them to my spinner and then added Walnut Stain ink then used a thumb tack to make a …

WIP Wednesday: A Cozy Fire

This little number is almost complete and I just want to shrink myself down so I can live in it! There was a lot of trial and error, but I think it is turning out great and I've learned a few things along the journey. There aren't a lot of "in-progress" photos because my hands were pretty inky while making it and I didn't want to ruin my camera or phone. Here's the low-down so far:



Supplies:
***All of the supplies for this project so far are Tim Holtz except for the LED lights and acrylic paints***
Vignette Tray (large)
Vignette Box
Vignette Frame
Vignette Hardware
Tiny Vials
Corked Vials
Bouquet
Skulls
Baroque Frame
Mini Pocket Watches
Lantern
Boneyard
Halloween Paper Stash (2017 and 2018)
Alcohol Inks in Gunmetal, Watermelon, Jet Black, Terra Cotta
Distress Stain in Walnut Stain
Distress Ink in Aged Mahogany, Candied Apple, Black Soot, Walnut Stain
Distress Collage Medium in Vintage
Perfect Pearls Gold
Scraps of cardboard packaging from the Sanding Block
T…