Skip to main content

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 13

Happy Friday the 13th! I'm still not feeling fantastic so I decided to make a somewhat easier tag for today.

I grabbed Tim Holtz Halloween stash paper, my second favorite Tim Holtz Halloween paper doll of the little boys with their jack o' lanterns, Glossy Accents, Distress Markers in Ripe Persimmon and Black Soot, Distress Ink in Black Soot, Tim Holtz Halloween Trimmings, Tim Holz Halloween Typography letters and a tag.

First, I traced out the tag onto the patterned paper and cut it out. I glued it to the tag with Glossy Accents and punched out the hole with a standard hole punch.

Next, I colored the jack o' lanterns on the paper doll with Ripe Persimmon. I rubbed off the excess with a cotton swab and then I edged the paper doll in Black Soot Distress Marker.

I added Glossy Accents to the back and added it to the bottom of the tag.

Next, I arranged my letters to spell out 'TRICK OR TREAT.' Now, I know nothing is perfect, but I really wanted the letters to be straight. I think I did an okay job, but there are bits of Glossy Accents on the tag from where I had an oopsie and dropped a letter. My spooky little fingers aren't as good as they used to be!

While the letters dried, I cut two lengths of the orange and black twine. I lined up all the cut ends together to make two loops and poked the loops through the tag hole. I brought the ends of the twine over the top of the tag and through the loops and snugged it down. I finished with a simple knot at the top. I like having the twine doubled-up on this tag!


Here's hoping the Glossy Accents holds those letters in place!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WIP Wednesday: Multiple Projects, Little Workspace

March is here and I'm hoping that means spring is just about here. I'm tired of being cold all the time! I sure do miss those warm Arizona days ... and the smell of orange blossoms.

Right now, I've got three projects going on my work table and am really enjoying my progress and the process.

'Secondhand Angel' is a broken bisque doll with brass wings, a monocle frame for a halo and a brass candle holder as a base. She's the antithesis of my 'Handsome Devil' and I love her for her simplicity.









'Pride' is another of my 'Seven Deadly Sins' pieces and he's a wee bisque doll who wears a base metal crown to show his importance but he isn't big enough to fit his ornate pedestal, a brass vase. He's done, except for maybe a clear coat of paint.




The last is an untitled piece and it's another Halloween clock assemblage. This one will feature an unconventional seating arrangement ... I don't want to spoil the surprise!

WIP Wednesday: A Cozy Fire

This little number is almost complete and I just want to shrink myself down so I can live in it! There was a lot of trial and error, but I think it is turning out great and I've learned a few things along the journey. There aren't a lot of "in-progress" photos because my hands were pretty inky while making it and I didn't want to ruin my camera or phone. Here's the low-down so far:



Supplies:
***All of the supplies for this project so far are Tim Holtz except for the LED lights and acrylic paints***
Vignette Tray (large)
Vignette Box
Vignette Frame
Vignette Hardware
Tiny Vials
Corked Vials
Bouquet
Skulls
Baroque Frame
Mini Pocket Watches
Lantern
Boneyard
Halloween Paper Stash (2017 and 2018)
Alcohol Inks in Gunmetal, Watermelon, Jet Black, Terra Cotta
Distress Stain in Walnut Stain
Distress Ink in Aged Mahogany, Candied Apple, Black Soot, Walnut Stain
Distress Collage Medium in Vintage
Perfect Pearls Gold
Scraps of cardboard packaging from the Sanding Block
T…

"I Dare You" Halloween Project

Today was my last day of "vacation" and this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Halloween/Spooky got me excited to make something dark! Funny how an idea can go sideways from the beginning yet turn out just right! I had grand ideas for a very spooky make using an old printer's block but ... it morphed into something else.

Being rested, I was able to make this piece and finish another blog post. Oh, to have this energy all week long ...

This started off with alcohol ink on Yupo paper. I used Pitch Black and Purple Twilight. I added dabs of the Purple Twilight to a felt round on my blending tool then added dabs of Pitch Black.

 I pounced and swirled the ink all over the Yupo sheet (I use a large pad of Yupo).
Once the ink was dry, I added Archival Ink in Watering Can to a cool vintage printer's block, but it didn't hold the ink and wouldn't transfer to the Yupo. It was a bummer, but I decided to use an older Tim Holtz block stamp of a tree instead…