Skip to main content

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 29

The hubby is sleeping away and I decided to get my crafting done early. We ended up not getting to the spooky show last night but had a great night with friends!

I had no clue what to make today so I just started off adding stain to a tag and went through all of my supplies to cobble something together...I think it paid off.

Supplies used include a tag, Distress Stain in Carved Pumpkin and Walnut Stain, Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain, Distress Marker in Black Soot, Glossy Accents, Bouquet, Halloween Ephemera, Halloween Clippings, Salvage stickers, Adornments Stars, and a water brush.

I began by adding heavy dabs of Carved Pumpkin stain to the tag and used my water brush to move it around. I blotted up excess with a paper towel and let it air dry. I edged the tag in Walnut Stain ink.

I used the head and torso ephemera and dissected the witch and moon ephemera to just use the witch's hat. I added Glossy Accents to glue the two pieces together. They seemed to crisp so I edged them in marker and then smudged Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain ink all over them.

I found a large 'W' in the Salvage pack and edged it in marker then added Glossy Accents to the back and added it to the tag. I searched through the Clippings until I found 'wicked wicked witch' and cut off the 'w' of each word and edged them in marker too. Glossy Accents again so they'll really stick.

It needed something beside the stickers so I added three stars and then glued the witch figure in place. The bottom seemed sparse so I decided to finally use some of the Bouquet.

I pulled out a cluster and took out three smaller bunches, using my regular scissors to cut through the wire 'stems.' I inked each blossom with Carved Pumpkin stain and then added some Walnut Stain stain over top. When they were dry, I used Glossy Accents and glued them to the bottom.

To finish it off, I cut double lengths of a black and white jute string and an orange jute string. I added Walnut Stain stain to the black and white to make it look grungier and forgot to wear gloves...




Despite my left hand being covered in stain, I'm really happy with how this tag turned out!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 6

Oh my goodness, today started off badly. I'm not feeling so great, but I have to power through this little challenge, so here we are. I'm grateful that I at least have the day off to wallow in crankiness.

Initially, I wanted to make a ghostly tag and have some cool stickers on it that spell out 'Boo' but as with most projects, things took a turn...

I grabbed a tag, some nice Tim Holtz Halloween paper, those cool stickers, a Tim Holtz Paper Doll, Ranger Pigment Ink in Glacier White, Distress ink in Tea Dye, Glossy Accents, cheesecloth, and my favorite Tim Holtz tree stamp.



I inked up the stamp in Tea Dye, but it was lighter than I remembered. I grabbed some Distress ink in Walnut Stain and added lowlights and edged the card really well.

I dabbed the Glacier White over the paper doll to give her a very faded appearance. As she dried, I inked my stamp in Glacier White and stamped it onto my tag. Ghostly, but too ghostly. My heart sank. I grabbed my Archival ink in Black a…

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 12

Today's tag was really begun last night and finished today. I'm not feeling very well today so I'm at home taking it easy. I decided to make a shaker tag when a piece of Tim Holtz packaging caught my eye and I'm planning on submitting it to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Not a Card" this week.

Let me start by saying that I haven't ever made a shaker card or tag before but inspiration struck me and I cobbled together something a little different...and definitely not a card!

My supplies included a tag, Tim Holtz Halloween paper stash, Tim Holtz Vignette Panel, Distress Stain in Hickory Smoke, Distress Ink in Black Soot, Distress Marker in Black Soot, Glossy Accents, Tim Holtz Collage Medium, Tim Holtz Halloween ephemera Eye doctor, Tim Holtz Pumpkin Pieces plastic packaging, Distress Clear Rock Candy glitter, black glitter paper (from my stash), E6000 glue, Tim Holtz metal word band, Tim Holtz Halloween Trimmings, and black creepy drape fabric.

Fir…

WIP Wednesday: Multiple Projects, Little Workspace

March is here and I'm hoping that means spring is just about here. I'm tired of being cold all the time! I sure do miss those warm Arizona days ... and the smell of orange blossoms.

Right now, I've got three projects going on my work table and am really enjoying my progress and the process.

'Secondhand Angel' is a broken bisque doll with brass wings, a monocle frame for a halo and a brass candle holder as a base. She's the antithesis of my 'Handsome Devil' and I love her for her simplicity.









'Pride' is another of my 'Seven Deadly Sins' pieces and he's a wee bisque doll who wears a base metal crown to show his importance but he isn't big enough to fit his ornate pedestal, a brass vase. He's done, except for maybe a clear coat of paint.




The last is an untitled piece and it's another Halloween clock assemblage. This one will feature an unconventional seating arrangement ... I don't want to spoil the surprise!