Skip to main content

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 11

I can barely keep my eyes open this morning, but I completed my tag! Perhaps in the light of the day I might add a few more embellishments to it, but I like its simplicity.

This one is made up of a tag, Tim Holtz Halloween paper stash, the witches from Tim Holtz Halloween paper dolls, a Tim Holtz Found Relatives card, Distress markers in Mowed Lawn and Black Soot and Distress ink in Black Soot. My glue of choice (as pretty much always) was Glossy Accents.

I traced out my tag onto the skull and crossbones paper and made sure to trace out the top hole. I cut it out and used a standard hole punch to make the hole.

I added squiggles of Glossy Accents to the front of my tag and added the cut-out paper then set it aside to dry.

The backs of the Found Relatives cards are absolutely gorgeous. I flipped through my stack and found a design I liked on a card I wasn't going to use for anything else.

I colored the entire back of the card with Distress Marker in Mowed Lawn.

With a tissue, I blotted away excess color. It was still too bright so I added Distress ink in Black Soot and glued it in place with Glossy Accents.


I colored the cut edges of the paper dolls with Distress Marker in Black Soot and then glued them in place with Glossy Accents too.

When I get home I'll weed through my ribbons and find something suitably dark for this tag.

If I could have one Tim Holtz wish, it would be to have just a pack of the witches. Wonder if he'll see this blog...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WIP Wednesday: Multiple Projects, Little Workspace

March is here and I'm hoping that means spring is just about here. I'm tired of being cold all the time! I sure do miss those warm Arizona days ... and the smell of orange blossoms.

Right now, I've got three projects going on my work table and am really enjoying my progress and the process.

'Secondhand Angel' is a broken bisque doll with brass wings, a monocle frame for a halo and a brass candle holder as a base. She's the antithesis of my 'Handsome Devil' and I love her for her simplicity.









'Pride' is another of my 'Seven Deadly Sins' pieces and he's a wee bisque doll who wears a base metal crown to show his importance but he isn't big enough to fit his ornate pedestal, a brass vase. He's done, except for maybe a clear coat of paint.




The last is an untitled piece and it's another Halloween clock assemblage. This one will feature an unconventional seating arrangement ... I don't want to spoil the surprise!

WIP Wednesday: A Cozy Fire

This little number is almost complete and I just want to shrink myself down so I can live in it! There was a lot of trial and error, but I think it is turning out great and I've learned a few things along the journey. There aren't a lot of "in-progress" photos because my hands were pretty inky while making it and I didn't want to ruin my camera or phone. Here's the low-down so far:



Supplies:
***All of the supplies for this project so far are Tim Holtz except for the LED lights and acrylic paints***
Vignette Tray (large)
Vignette Box
Vignette Frame
Vignette Hardware
Tiny Vials
Corked Vials
Bouquet
Skulls
Baroque Frame
Mini Pocket Watches
Lantern
Boneyard
Halloween Paper Stash (2017 and 2018)
Alcohol Inks in Gunmetal, Watermelon, Jet Black, Terra Cotta
Distress Stain in Walnut Stain
Distress Ink in Aged Mahogany, Candied Apple, Black Soot, Walnut Stain
Distress Collage Medium in Vintage
Perfect Pearls Gold
Scraps of cardboard packaging from the Sanding Block
T…

Creepy Panels

While cleaning out my office a while back, I re-discovered a Shrinky Dink I made of a conjoined twin skeleton. Inspiration struck and I painted some panels and made more Shrinky Dinks to accompany the skeleton, then life got in the way of crafting and the bits sat on my desk. I decided today's Snow Day task would be to finish these Creepy Panels.


The bases of these unique wall hangings are Tim Holtz Burlap Panels with a layer of black acrylic paint.

I used the same black paint to dry brush the fronts of  Tim Holtz Vignette Panels and painted their sides solid black.

While paint dried, I broke out my Shrink Dink paper and traced out old anatomical drawings of skulls, bones, and even a spider using a black Sharpie marker. I cut them out and baked them to make cool tiles.

The white wasn't working for me so I used Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink in Mushroom on the shiny side of the plastic to give it an aged look. The skull in the lower right corner was a boo boo - I added the Alcohol Ink …