Skip to main content

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 10

Last night my brain wouldn't shut off because it kept thinking about an upcoming Michigan trip. Around 1 a.m. I finally slept and that 5:30 alarm was just a bit too early...

Today's tag isn't very Halloween, but it is a sweet autumnal tag. Maybe it makes up for the darkness of yesterday's?

I gathered the delicious orange plaid and  pallet board paper from the Tim Holtz Halloween stack, a tag, a couple Tim Holtz flashcards, three Tim Holtz pumpkin pieces, Distress ink in Carved Pumpkin (also Black Soot and Walnut Stain), my Glossy Accents and Tim Holtz Halloween trimmings.

First, I traced out a tag onto the pallet board paper with the boards running up and down, making sure to mark the hole. I cut out the tag shape and used a standard hole punch to make the hole.

I added Glossy Accents to the back of the pallet board paper and glued it onto the tag. I traced the top half only of the tag onto the plaid paper and cut it out.

I ripped the bottom edge and then added Distress ink in Carved Pumpkin onto it.

It was too clashing with the orange in the plaid so I toned it down with some Black Soot.

Glossy Accents on the back of the tag holds it onto the pallet board paper.

Next, I added Carved Pumpkin to the two flashcards. Again, it was too bright and clashing so I added Walnut Stain and Black Soot until it was more toned-down.

I edged the entire tag with Black Soot and set it aside.

For the pumpkins, I used a razor blade knife to cut the backs flat. They were a little too bright for me too so I added Walnut Stain and Black Soot to grunge them up a bit.

I added Glossy Accents to the cut sides of each pumpkin and glued them to the bottom of the tag.

The black and orange twine was too clashing with the tag so I nixed it. I might use twine or distressed linen ribbon instead.

Hope you're having a delightful fall so far!


Popular posts from this blog

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 6

Oh my goodness, today started off badly. I'm not feeling so great, but I have to power through this little challenge, so here we are. I'm grateful that I at least have the day off to wallow in crankiness.

Initially, I wanted to make a ghostly tag and have some cool stickers on it that spell out 'Boo' but as with most projects, things took a turn...

I grabbed a tag, some nice Tim Holtz Halloween paper, those cool stickers, a Tim Holtz Paper Doll, Ranger Pigment Ink in Glacier White, Distress ink in Tea Dye, Glossy Accents, cheesecloth, and my favorite Tim Holtz tree stamp.

I inked up the stamp in Tea Dye, but it was lighter than I remembered. I grabbed some Distress ink in Walnut Stain and added lowlights and edged the card really well.

I dabbed the Glacier White over the paper doll to give her a very faded appearance. As she dried, I inked my stamp in Glacier White and stamped it onto my tag. Ghostly, but too ghostly. My heart sank. I grabbed my Archival ink in Black a…

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 12

Today's tag was really begun last night and finished today. I'm not feeling very well today so I'm at home taking it easy. I decided to make a shaker tag when a piece of Tim Holtz packaging caught my eye and I'm planning on submitting it to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Not a Card" this week.

Let me start by saying that I haven't ever made a shaker card or tag before but inspiration struck me and I cobbled together something a little different...and definitely not a card!

My supplies included a tag, Tim Holtz Halloween paper stash, Tim Holtz Vignette Panel, Distress Stain in Hickory Smoke, Distress Ink in Black Soot, Distress Marker in Black Soot, Glossy Accents, Tim Holtz Collage Medium, Tim Holtz Halloween ephemera Eye doctor, Tim Holtz Pumpkin Pieces plastic packaging, Distress Clear Rock Candy glitter, black glitter paper (from my stash), E6000 glue, Tim Holtz metal word band, Tim Holtz Halloween Trimmings, and black creepy drape fabric.


31 Tags of Halloween: Days 14 and 15

Yesterday, I didn't craft at all because I hosted my 2nd Annual Haunted Open House! It was such a fun day with lots of visitors and some of my creations went off to very good homes. By the end of the day I was 100% spent so I decided to just make two tags today.

I'm pretty tired and I didn't get any process photos either but I'll do better tomorrow!

Tag 14 is a spooked black cat that I made using Tim Holtz Halloween ephemera, Tim Holtz Halloween Clippings stickers, Distress Marker in Black Soot, and Distress Ink in Carved Pumpkin and Lucky Clover.

I inked the entire tag with Carved Pumpkin and edged in Lucky Clover. I edged the cat ephemera in the Black Soot marker and added it to the tag with Glossy Accents.

I edged the stickers in Lucky Clover and added Glossy Accents to the back to help it stay on better.

Tag 15 was a bit of trial and error. I used Distress Ink in Wilted Violet and Black Soot Archival in black, a Tim Holtz Halloween Clippings sticker, and Glossy Acc…