Skip to main content

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 9

While cleaning the craft room (aka The Pit of Despair) I found some Tim Holtz skellys from a few years ago. I had just bought some thin twine string and had a devilish thought to hang him from my favorite Tim Holtz tree stamp. I gathered my supplies and went to bed.

This morning before work I got right to it. I had a tag, Distress stain in Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn, Archival in Black, Distress ink in Black Soot, a skelly charm, twine string, my Tim Holtz tree stamp, and my water brush. Not pictured is my heat tool.

First, I added dots of the Twisted Citron all over the tag.

Then I followed with some Mowed Lawn here and there to fill in the blank spots.

I used my water brush to blend the colors.

Satisfied with the blending, I dried the tag with my heat tool.

I inked up my tree stamp with Archival with the rubber stamp facing up and then I pressed the stamp onto the tag. I could have used more ink, but I like the ghostly look it has.

Someone forgot to pack her 1/8 inch hole punch so she went MacGyver and poked holes in the tag with a thumbtack until they were the right size.

Before I went further, I edged the tag in Distress Black Soot.

I made a loop in the string and fed it through the ring of the charm. Once it was through about an inch, I fed the tails of the string through the loop and snugged it to the ring.

To secure the string to the card, I pressed both ends through the bottom hole using a dull pencil. On the back side, I pressed both ends through the top hole the same way. Once the hanging skelly was the length I wanted, I made a simple overhand knot and trimmed the ends. When I get home, I might put a dot or two of the Tim Holtz collage medium on the knot so it doesn't work itself loose.

For being a dark tag, there's something sad and almost beautiful about it. I have one skelly left and might do another of these with an orange background when I get home tonight.


Popular posts from this blog

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 6

Oh my goodness, today started off badly. I'm not feeling so great, but I have to power through this little challenge, so here we are. I'm grateful that I at least have the day off to wallow in crankiness.

Initially, I wanted to make a ghostly tag and have some cool stickers on it that spell out 'Boo' but as with most projects, things took a turn...

I grabbed a tag, some nice Tim Holtz Halloween paper, those cool stickers, a Tim Holtz Paper Doll, Ranger Pigment Ink in Glacier White, Distress ink in Tea Dye, Glossy Accents, cheesecloth, and my favorite Tim Holtz tree stamp.

I inked up the stamp in Tea Dye, but it was lighter than I remembered. I grabbed some Distress ink in Walnut Stain and added lowlights and edged the card really well.

I dabbed the Glacier White over the paper doll to give her a very faded appearance. As she dried, I inked my stamp in Glacier White and stamped it onto my tag. Ghostly, but too ghostly. My heart sank. I grabbed my Archival ink in Black a…

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 12

Today's tag was really begun last night and finished today. I'm not feeling very well today so I'm at home taking it easy. I decided to make a shaker tag when a piece of Tim Holtz packaging caught my eye and I'm planning on submitting it to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Not a Card" this week.

Let me start by saying that I haven't ever made a shaker card or tag before but inspiration struck me and I cobbled together something a little different...and definitely not a card!

My supplies included a tag, Tim Holtz Halloween paper stash, Tim Holtz Vignette Panel, Distress Stain in Hickory Smoke, Distress Ink in Black Soot, Distress Marker in Black Soot, Glossy Accents, Tim Holtz Collage Medium, Tim Holtz Halloween ephemera Eye doctor, Tim Holtz Pumpkin Pieces plastic packaging, Distress Clear Rock Candy glitter, black glitter paper (from my stash), E6000 glue, Tim Holtz metal word band, Tim Holtz Halloween Trimmings, and black creepy drape fabric.


31 Tags of Halloween: Days 14 and 15

Yesterday, I didn't craft at all because I hosted my 2nd Annual Haunted Open House! It was such a fun day with lots of visitors and some of my creations went off to very good homes. By the end of the day I was 100% spent so I decided to just make two tags today.

I'm pretty tired and I didn't get any process photos either but I'll do better tomorrow!

Tag 14 is a spooked black cat that I made using Tim Holtz Halloween ephemera, Tim Holtz Halloween Clippings stickers, Distress Marker in Black Soot, and Distress Ink in Carved Pumpkin and Lucky Clover.

I inked the entire tag with Carved Pumpkin and edged in Lucky Clover. I edged the cat ephemera in the Black Soot marker and added it to the tag with Glossy Accents.

I edged the stickers in Lucky Clover and added Glossy Accents to the back to help it stay on better.

Tag 15 was a bit of trial and error. I used Distress Ink in Wilted Violet and Black Soot Archival in black, a Tim Holtz Halloween Clippings sticker, and Glossy Acc…