Skip to main content

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 28

It's Halloweekend!!! Yes, I know the real deal is on Tuesday, but I'm celebrating all weekend long too!

I woke up really late this morning and had the "It's time..." from Halloween III in my head so I thought I'd do something with a clock face. That's when my brain started churning...

I assembled a tag, a piece of Bristol board, Distress Stain in Walnut Stain and Iced Spruce, Distress Ink in Walnut Stain, Distress Marker in Black Soot, a water brush, a clock face sticker from the Salvage pack, Game Spinners, Glossy Accents, Halloween ephemera, Halloween Clippings, and that funky garland that isn't Tim Holtz.

First, I added Glossy Accents to the back of the clock face and glued it to the Bristol board. I let it dry then cut it out and edged it with the marker. I used a 1/8 inch hole punch to punch out the center of the clock and then added the spinners and secured them with a brad.

I put a heavy line of Glossy Accents around the edge of the backside of the clock and then pressed the garland into place. I held it down until it was dry. When dry, I added some foam dots to the backside.

I added some heavy dabs of Iced Spruce stain to the center of the tag and watered it down with my brush. I added heavy dabs of Walnut Stain stain to the left and right edge and blended everything together. I used a paper towel to soak up any watery spots and then dried the tag with my heat tool.

Once dry, I edged  the tag in Walnut Stain ink. I added the clock face off-center and a bit off the card for some dimension and interest.

Next, I sifted through all of the clippings and ephemera pieces until I found a nice little phrase.

on
OCTOBER 31
a strange feeling comes over you
When
ghost of the departed
RETURN
by moonlight,

I edged each sticker and the '31' ephemera with Walnut Stain ink and added Glossy Accents the backs of each piece for extra hold.

To make it grungier, I swirled the same ink over the pieces. A double-thickness of twine finishes off this grungy tag.


I hope you have a wonderful Halloweekend, I'm headed out to see a spooky storytelling/musical performance.

Comments

  1. Fabulous tag, love the vintage look along with the clock. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maker's Monday: Creepy Portraits

During the shelter at home, I've been finishing more project including these framed creepy 'family portraits.'
Supplies:
Metal Frames (these are vintage frames I found at an antique shop)
Alcohol Inks (I used Tim Holtz in Botanical, Orange Sunset, Teakwood, Gunmetal, Pitch Black, and Mushroom)
Tim Holtz Paper Dolls (I used dolls from a Halloween pack)
Scrapbook Paper (I used Tim Holtz paper from a Halloween stack)
Distress Marker in Black Soot
Distress Ink in Black Soot
Distress Spray Stain in Aged Mahogony
Duralar (or any other sheet of acetate)
Thick backer board (I used a piece of heavy backer board from Tim Holtz packaging)
Glue (I used Glossy Accents)

Tools:
Cotton Swabs
Paper Towel
Scissors

First, I washed both frames to remove any dust or grime and let them dry. I dripped on Botanical, Orange Sunset, and Teakwood alcohol inks on the frames and once dry, I rubbed on Gunmetal with a cotton swab. To make them more tarnished-looking, I swabbed on Pitch Black and let the…

Taking Flight

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  is to make something Christmassy. Seems odd for October, but what can you do? 
I had an idea for a vintage plastic reindeer but as I assembled supplies, my idea shifted a bit. 
Supplies: Tim Holtz Vignette Tray Yupo Paper Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink in Pitch Black Blending Solution Archival Ink in Jet Black Tim Holtz Tree Line Stamp Vintage Plastic Reindeer Acrylic Paint in Black Glossy Accents Recollections Vintage Glass Golden Glitter - previously dyed with the Alcohol Ink in Pitch Black E6000
I had the alcohol ink background from a previous project. First, I added a pool of Blending Solution to the Yupo paper and then added a few drops of the alcohol ink. I shifted the paper back and forth until about 3/4 of the paper was covered. I added more alcohol ink to make it a bit darker and shifted it again. 
Once dry, I added straight black alcohol ink to the white band for the horizon. After it was completely dry, I sealed with a few coats of …

Into the Woods

Our state is officially on a 'shelter in place' order and my little pumpkin diorama is complete! There was a lot of finger crossing going on while making the end bits, but thankfully, everything turned out great.

Supplies:
Aves Apoxie Clay
Model Trees
Black Acrylic Paint
Tim Holtz Boneyard
Tim Holtz Skull Fragments
Tim Holtz Tiny Lights
Clean Applesauce Cup
Thick Foam Sheet
White Paper
Shrinky Dink Paper (frosted)
E-6000
White Acrylic Paint

Tools:
Rotary Tool w/ Drill Bit
Paint Brush
Scissors
Plastic Paint Cup

First, I had to get the courage to drill a hole in the back of the pumpkin so I could feed the Tiny Lights through. Once I did, I had to widen it so the thicker plastic part of the strand would fit through.

Next, I kneaded the two-part Aves Apoxie and created a base inside the pumpkin. I added small balls of the clay to the trunks of the trees and then added them to the clay base, making sure they were anchored well and then smoothed out the raised areas. It took several…