Skip to main content

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 3

Day 3 is here and the morning air as I left for work had a lovely chill to it. We're still supposed to have a high of 83 today, but those cooler days are coming back! I brought apple cider to share at work (sans the salted caramel vodka) and am thinking fall thoughts.

This tag is a painful reminder of the day my Tim Holtz Vagabond machine popped. I had only made a few die cuts for Halloween before the fateful day and now with this tag complete, I only have one haunted house left. So sad.

In addition to the haunted house and crescent moon die cuts, I used a tag, Distress ink in Wilted Violet and Carved Pumpkin and of course, Black Soot. I also used a Tim Holtz metal word band with brads and Halloween trimmings. Glossy Accents was my adhesive of choice, as always.


First, I got a rough idea of where I wanted the house on the tag. I eyeballed it and added smudges of the Carved Pumpkin. I think I did pretty well!



After the Carved Pumpkin was down, I added lots of Wilted Violet.

With the Wilted Violet done, I glued the haunted house in place with the Glossy Accents. I edged the tag in Black Soot and added smudges all over the card, adding a halo of black around the house itself.

Next I glued down the crescent moon.

I flipped the tag over and trimmed the excess paper from the house.

I added the word band and used a pencil to mark where my brads would go. I used my 1/8 inch hole punch and punched through the tag and added my brads.

The finishing touch is the orange and black ribbon.

I'm so happy with this tag! The only thing I might do to it is add some Tim Holtz Distress crayon to the word band so the letters pop more, but I do like it as-is.



What am I doing with all of these tags I'm making??? Well, I'm having an open house next weekend and will be selling some there. The rest will become Halloween cards for friends and family and some I will keep for decorations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WIP Wednesday: Multiple Projects, Little Workspace

March is here and I'm hoping that means spring is just about here. I'm tired of being cold all the time! I sure do miss those warm Arizona days ... and the smell of orange blossoms.

Right now, I've got three projects going on my work table and am really enjoying my progress and the process.

'Secondhand Angel' is a broken bisque doll with brass wings, a monocle frame for a halo and a brass candle holder as a base. She's the antithesis of my 'Handsome Devil' and I love her for her simplicity.









'Pride' is another of my 'Seven Deadly Sins' pieces and he's a wee bisque doll who wears a base metal crown to show his importance but he isn't big enough to fit his ornate pedestal, a brass vase. He's done, except for maybe a clear coat of paint.




The last is an untitled piece and it's another Halloween clock assemblage. This one will feature an unconventional seating arrangement ... I don't want to spoil the surprise!

WIP Wednesday: A Cozy Fire

This little number is almost complete and I just want to shrink myself down so I can live in it! There was a lot of trial and error, but I think it is turning out great and I've learned a few things along the journey. There aren't a lot of "in-progress" photos because my hands were pretty inky while making it and I didn't want to ruin my camera or phone. Here's the low-down so far:



Supplies:
***All of the supplies for this project so far are Tim Holtz except for the LED lights and acrylic paints***
Vignette Tray (large)
Vignette Box
Vignette Frame
Vignette Hardware
Tiny Vials
Corked Vials
Bouquet
Skulls
Baroque Frame
Mini Pocket Watches
Lantern
Boneyard
Halloween Paper Stash (2017 and 2018)
Alcohol Inks in Gunmetal, Watermelon, Jet Black, Terra Cotta
Distress Stain in Walnut Stain
Distress Ink in Aged Mahogany, Candied Apple, Black Soot, Walnut Stain
Distress Collage Medium in Vintage
Perfect Pearls Gold
Scraps of cardboard packaging from the Sanding Block
T…

Creepy Panels

While cleaning out my office a while back, I re-discovered a Shrinky Dink I made of a conjoined twin skeleton. Inspiration struck and I painted some panels and made more Shrinky Dinks to accompany the skeleton, then life got in the way of crafting and the bits sat on my desk. I decided today's Snow Day task would be to finish these Creepy Panels.


The bases of these unique wall hangings are Tim Holtz Burlap Panels with a layer of black acrylic paint.

I used the same black paint to dry brush the fronts of  Tim Holtz Vignette Panels and painted their sides solid black.

While paint dried, I broke out my Shrink Dink paper and traced out old anatomical drawings of skulls, bones, and even a spider using a black Sharpie marker. I cut them out and baked them to make cool tiles.

The white wasn't working for me so I used Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink in Mushroom on the shiny side of the plastic to give it an aged look. The skull in the lower right corner was a boo boo - I added the Alcohol Ink …