Skip to main content

WIP Wednesday: His and Hers Part III

This summer is flying by and on this WIP Wednesday, I'm trying to catch up. I've made a little progress on "His and Hers" since last time and have added another art supply to my every-growing collection: clear gesso.

The Kroma Crackle dried and I love how it looks. It really bleached out the wood! The Sophisticated Finishes rusted up the new metal embellishments too. There were a couple spots where the iron paint didn't stick, but rather than reapply, I figured I was going to dry brush over it anyway, so I left it alone.

Love that texture!

To make sure I didn't lose any of the lovely crackle due to peeling, I bought some Liquitex Clear Gesso to seal the crackle. Next step is to add one more layer of the clear gesso and then add crackle topped with gesso to the other sides.

I grabbed my regular gesso and dry brushed it over the rusted embellishments

Highlights ready for a wash of paint

Once everything was dry, I assembled the start of another project. This one is "Telltale Heart for Nevermore" and I think it'll speak for itself.

"... that years of love have been forgot in the hatred of a minute ..."

What are you working on?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 6

Oh my goodness, today started off badly. I'm not feeling so great, but I have to power through this little challenge, so here we are. I'm grateful that I at least have the day off to wallow in crankiness.

Initially, I wanted to make a ghostly tag and have some cool stickers on it that spell out 'Boo' but as with most projects, things took a turn...

I grabbed a tag, some nice Tim Holtz Halloween paper, those cool stickers, a Tim Holtz Paper Doll, Ranger Pigment Ink in Glacier White, Distress ink in Tea Dye, Glossy Accents, cheesecloth, and my favorite Tim Holtz tree stamp.



I inked up the stamp in Tea Dye, but it was lighter than I remembered. I grabbed some Distress ink in Walnut Stain and added lowlights and edged the card really well.

I dabbed the Glacier White over the paper doll to give her a very faded appearance. As she dried, I inked my stamp in Glacier White and stamped it onto my tag. Ghostly, but too ghostly. My heart sank. I grabbed my Archival ink in Black a…

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 12

Today's tag was really begun last night and finished today. I'm not feeling very well today so I'm at home taking it easy. I decided to make a shaker tag when a piece of Tim Holtz packaging caught my eye and I'm planning on submitting it to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Not a Card" this week.

Let me start by saying that I haven't ever made a shaker card or tag before but inspiration struck me and I cobbled together something a little different...and definitely not a card!

My supplies included a tag, Tim Holtz Halloween paper stash, Tim Holtz Vignette Panel, Distress Stain in Hickory Smoke, Distress Ink in Black Soot, Distress Marker in Black Soot, Glossy Accents, Tim Holtz Collage Medium, Tim Holtz Halloween ephemera Eye doctor, Tim Holtz Pumpkin Pieces plastic packaging, Distress Clear Rock Candy glitter, black glitter paper (from my stash), E6000 glue, Tim Holtz metal word band, Tim Holtz Halloween Trimmings, and black creepy drape fabric.

Fir…

31 Tags of Halloween: Days 14 and 15

Yesterday, I didn't craft at all because I hosted my 2nd Annual Haunted Open House! It was such a fun day with lots of visitors and some of my creations went off to very good homes. By the end of the day I was 100% spent so I decided to just make two tags today.

I'm pretty tired and I didn't get any process photos either but I'll do better tomorrow!

Tag 14 is a spooked black cat that I made using Tim Holtz Halloween ephemera, Tim Holtz Halloween Clippings stickers, Distress Marker in Black Soot, and Distress Ink in Carved Pumpkin and Lucky Clover.

I inked the entire tag with Carved Pumpkin and edged in Lucky Clover. I edged the cat ephemera in the Black Soot marker and added it to the tag with Glossy Accents.

I edged the stickers in Lucky Clover and added Glossy Accents to the back to help it stay on better.

Tag 15 was a bit of trial and error. I used Distress Ink in Wilted Violet and Black Soot Archival in black, a Tim Holtz Halloween Clippings sticker, and Glossy Acc…