Skip to main content

Lore of the Vampire: The End

If you've been watching the progress of this piece, thank you! If you're new, thanks for stopping by - you can see the process in Part I and Part II.

The glass vial I used is a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Corked Vial. I used Distress Stain in Walnut Stain on the cork itself to make it dark and added a few drops of Ranger Blending Solution along with Adirondack Alcohol Inks in Sail Blue and the Silver Mixative then let the colors swirl and coat the inside of the glass.

While the alcohol inks dried, I added a few drops of E-6000 to the back of an antique crucifix donated to the cause by my wonderful hubby. I set it in place and let it cure.

With the alcohol inks dry, I corked the vial and added E-6000 to the back of the vial and set it in place as well.
I'm over the moon with how this piece turned out and hope it finds a good home very soon.

I've already begun a small collection of new pieces and will be sharing the progress soon.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WIP Wednesday: A Cozy Fire

This little number is almost complete and I just want to shrink myself down so I can live in it! There was a lot of trial and error, but I think it is turning out great and I've learned a few things along the journey. There aren't a lot of "in-progress" photos because my hands were pretty inky while making it and I didn't want to ruin my camera or phone. Here's the low-down so far:



Supplies:
***All of the supplies for this project so far are Tim Holtz except for the LED lights and acrylic paints***
Vignette Tray (large)
Vignette Box
Vignette Frame
Vignette Hardware
Tiny Vials
Corked Vials
Bouquet
Skulls
Baroque Frame
Mini Pocket Watches
Lantern
Boneyard
Halloween Paper Stash (2017 and 2018)
Alcohol Inks in Gunmetal, Watermelon, Jet Black, Terra Cotta
Distress Stain in Walnut Stain
Distress Ink in Aged Mahogany, Candied Apple, Black Soot, Walnut Stain
Distress Collage Medium in Vintage
Perfect Pearls Gold
Scraps of cardboard packaging from the Sanding Block
T…

"I Dare You" Halloween Project

Today was my last day of "vacation" and this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Halloween/Spooky got me excited to make something dark! Funny how an idea can go sideways from the beginning yet turn out just right! I had grand ideas for a very spooky make using an old printer's block but ... it morphed into something else.

Being rested, I was able to make this piece and finish another blog post. Oh, to have this energy all week long ...

This started off with alcohol ink on Yupo paper. I used Pitch Black and Purple Twilight. I added dabs of the Purple Twilight to a felt round on my blending tool then added dabs of Pitch Black.

 I pounced and swirled the ink all over the Yupo sheet (I use a large pad of Yupo).
Once the ink was dry, I added Archival Ink in Watering Can to a cool vintage printer's block, but it didn't hold the ink and wouldn't transfer to the Yupo. It was a bummer, but I decided to use an older Tim Holtz block stamp of a tree instead…

Winter Wonderland

I've had this project in my mind for weeks now but just couldn't figure out the execution. When this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge called for snow, I knew I had to finish it in time.



Supplies:
Antique wooden kitchen utensil tray
Wooden Coats & Clark spool
Tim Holtz Woodlands trees (two small and one large)
Tim Holtz Christmas Transparent Tiles
Tim Holtz Assemblage Diamonds and Pearls Charms
Tim Holtz Vignette Hardware - Hooks
Ranger Glossy Accents
White acrylic paint
Clear glitter
Mini wooden moulding with a channel
2 Sheets of paper (I used printer paper)

Tools:
Chain nose pliers for jewelry
Craft scissors
Awl
Paint brush

I found this green painted tray at an antique mall quite a while ago and wasn't sure what I'd make with it. A few months ago, I set a large Woodlands tree in it and knew. My first thought was to use old letter stamps to spell out something wintry, but stamps are getting more expensive as they're becoming popular in projects l…