Skip to main content

WIP Wednesday: Lore of the Vampire Part II

After deliberating for a few days, I decided the optic lens wasn't right for the feel of this piece. I grabbed by last bit of Aves Apoxie Clay and created two moon shapes.

While they cured, I put some of my favorite chunky vintage-style glass glitter into a plastic bowl and added Ranger Alcohol Ink in Pitch Black. I stirred the ink into the glitter but the color wasn't black, it was more of a purple. I added Teakwood and Indigo and stirred until I was happy with the color. I let it dry.

Once the moons cured, I added two coats of white acrylic paint.

While the paint dried, I added Distress Collage Medium (matte) to the inside corners of the coffin. I added the dry glitter and pressed it into place. I dumped out the excess glitter onto waxed paper and transferred it back into the plastic bowl. The bits of brown in the glitter make me think it is grave soil.

I played around with Distress Stains in Hickory Smoke, Brushed Pewter, and Picket Fence until the moon looked just right.

On a whim, I took a clean chopstick and snapped it in half. The pointy part was going to become my stake, but it needed to be pointier. Who knew I could whittle? I carefully used a pair of scissors to whittle away the wood to a finer point. Once finished, I added Distress Stain in Walnut Stain.

As I dry fitted the moon onto the background, it seemed to clean so I dabbed on Distress Ink in Antique Linen and a bit of Vintage Photo.

With everything dry, I used E-6000 to glue the moon in place and put a bit on the backside of the stake and held it in place until it was pretty well set.

Next, I need to glue on a crucifix and create a bottle of holy water...should be an interesting week!


Popular posts from this blog

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 6

Oh my goodness, today started off badly. I'm not feeling so great, but I have to power through this little challenge, so here we are. I'm grateful that I at least have the day off to wallow in crankiness.

Initially, I wanted to make a ghostly tag and have some cool stickers on it that spell out 'Boo' but as with most projects, things took a turn...

I grabbed a tag, some nice Tim Holtz Halloween paper, those cool stickers, a Tim Holtz Paper Doll, Ranger Pigment Ink in Glacier White, Distress ink in Tea Dye, Glossy Accents, cheesecloth, and my favorite Tim Holtz tree stamp.

I inked up the stamp in Tea Dye, but it was lighter than I remembered. I grabbed some Distress ink in Walnut Stain and added lowlights and edged the card really well.

I dabbed the Glacier White over the paper doll to give her a very faded appearance. As she dried, I inked my stamp in Glacier White and stamped it onto my tag. Ghostly, but too ghostly. My heart sank. I grabbed my Archival ink in Black a…

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 12

Today's tag was really begun last night and finished today. I'm not feeling very well today so I'm at home taking it easy. I decided to make a shaker tag when a piece of Tim Holtz packaging caught my eye and I'm planning on submitting it to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Not a Card" this week.

Let me start by saying that I haven't ever made a shaker card or tag before but inspiration struck me and I cobbled together something a little different...and definitely not a card!

My supplies included a tag, Tim Holtz Halloween paper stash, Tim Holtz Vignette Panel, Distress Stain in Hickory Smoke, Distress Ink in Black Soot, Distress Marker in Black Soot, Glossy Accents, Tim Holtz Collage Medium, Tim Holtz Halloween ephemera Eye doctor, Tim Holtz Pumpkin Pieces plastic packaging, Distress Clear Rock Candy glitter, black glitter paper (from my stash), E6000 glue, Tim Holtz metal word band, Tim Holtz Halloween Trimmings, and black creepy drape fabric.


31 Tags of Halloween: Days 14 and 15

Yesterday, I didn't craft at all because I hosted my 2nd Annual Haunted Open House! It was such a fun day with lots of visitors and some of my creations went off to very good homes. By the end of the day I was 100% spent so I decided to just make two tags today.

I'm pretty tired and I didn't get any process photos either but I'll do better tomorrow!

Tag 14 is a spooked black cat that I made using Tim Holtz Halloween ephemera, Tim Holtz Halloween Clippings stickers, Distress Marker in Black Soot, and Distress Ink in Carved Pumpkin and Lucky Clover.

I inked the entire tag with Carved Pumpkin and edged in Lucky Clover. I edged the cat ephemera in the Black Soot marker and added it to the tag with Glossy Accents.

I edged the stickers in Lucky Clover and added Glossy Accents to the back to help it stay on better.

Tag 15 was a bit of trial and error. I used Distress Ink in Wilted Violet and Black Soot Archival in black, a Tim Holtz Halloween Clippings sticker, and Glossy Acc…