Skip to main content

Maker's Monday: Spooky Witches Tag

I am on a tag spree! This one didn't turn out exactly how I wanted, but I can mess with it later and hopefully make it better!

1 craft tag (I used Ranger Inkssentials, size #8, manila tags)
Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen and Black Soot
1 Tim Holtz Witches Paperdoll
1 Tim Holtz Spooky ephemera tag
Glossy Accents

Water brush 
Tim Holtz Blending Tool and pad
Heat tool

Additional Items:
Tim Holtz Distress Marker (black)
Foam dots
Fine glitter (I used Martha Stewart Mica glitter)


1.  I brushed water onto a tag and dabbed Twisted Citron stain into the center of the tag and dabbed Mowed Lawn around the outer edge. I blended it a bit and then used a heat tool to dry it.

2.  Next, I used the marker to color the cut edge of the paper doll.

3.  I grabbed the wrong piece of ephemera and was so "in the moment" I didn't realize it until I was finished with the tag. I may switch it out later, but for now...spooky it is!
4.  I loaded up my blending tool with Antique Linen ink and made small, light circles around the ephemera. With the outer edges colored. I blended the ink to the center of the piece. Satisfied, I added just a bit of the Black Soot around the edges.

5.  I added squiggles of Glossy Accents to the back of the paper doll and pressed it into place on the tag.

6.  I wanted to give a little depth to the tag so I grabbed some foam dots and added two to the back of the ephemera. I edged the tag with Black Soot ink.

7.  The card could have been finished, but I wanted some sparkle. Enter, The Glitter. I've had this Martha Stewart glitter for years and thought it would be a nice touch. I added some Glossy Accents and then dumped on the glitter. I'm not 100% in love with it and need to think it over.

Squiggles, squiggles, squiggles!

That's some mighty fine glitter...mighty fine!

Just a couple of spooky witches...nothing to see here...
All in all, I do like this tag, especially how the background turned out! I'll look it over the next few days and maybe fix the glitter. What are some of your crafting "oopsies?"



Popular posts from this blog

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 6

Oh my goodness, today started off badly. I'm not feeling so great, but I have to power through this little challenge, so here we are. I'm grateful that I at least have the day off to wallow in crankiness.

Initially, I wanted to make a ghostly tag and have some cool stickers on it that spell out 'Boo' but as with most projects, things took a turn...

I grabbed a tag, some nice Tim Holtz Halloween paper, those cool stickers, a Tim Holtz Paper Doll, Ranger Pigment Ink in Glacier White, Distress ink in Tea Dye, Glossy Accents, cheesecloth, and my favorite Tim Holtz tree stamp.

I inked up the stamp in Tea Dye, but it was lighter than I remembered. I grabbed some Distress ink in Walnut Stain and added lowlights and edged the card really well.

I dabbed the Glacier White over the paper doll to give her a very faded appearance. As she dried, I inked my stamp in Glacier White and stamped it onto my tag. Ghostly, but too ghostly. My heart sank. I grabbed my Archival ink in Black a…

WIP Wednesday: Multiple Projects, Little Workspace

March is here and I'm hoping that means spring is just about here. I'm tired of being cold all the time! I sure do miss those warm Arizona days ... and the smell of orange blossoms.

Right now, I've got three projects going on my work table and am really enjoying my progress and the process.

'Secondhand Angel' is a broken bisque doll with brass wings, a monocle frame for a halo and a brass candle holder as a base. She's the antithesis of my 'Handsome Devil' and I love her for her simplicity.

'Pride' is another of my 'Seven Deadly Sins' pieces and he's a wee bisque doll who wears a base metal crown to show his importance but he isn't big enough to fit his ornate pedestal, a brass vase. He's done, except for maybe a clear coat of paint.

The last is an untitled piece and it's another Halloween clock assemblage. This one will feature an unconventional seating arrangement ... I don't want to spoil the surprise!

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 12

Today's tag was really begun last night and finished today. I'm not feeling very well today so I'm at home taking it easy. I decided to make a shaker tag when a piece of Tim Holtz packaging caught my eye and I'm planning on submitting it to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Not a Card" this week.

Let me start by saying that I haven't ever made a shaker card or tag before but inspiration struck me and I cobbled together something a little different...and definitely not a card!

My supplies included a tag, Tim Holtz Halloween paper stash, Tim Holtz Vignette Panel, Distress Stain in Hickory Smoke, Distress Ink in Black Soot, Distress Marker in Black Soot, Glossy Accents, Tim Holtz Collage Medium, Tim Holtz Halloween ephemera Eye doctor, Tim Holtz Pumpkin Pieces plastic packaging, Distress Clear Rock Candy glitter, black glitter paper (from my stash), E6000 glue, Tim Holtz metal word band, Tim Holtz Halloween Trimmings, and black creepy drape fabric.