Skip to main content

WIP Wednesday: By the Light of the Moon Part II

For WIP Wednesday, I've made some progress on "By the Light of the Moon" and started another assemblage.

The toughest part for the assemblage for me was connecting the wolf head to the action figure body. I knew Aves Apoxie was what I needed to use, but I'm not the most skilled at using clay. I blended the Apoxie and added bit by bit, building up a "neck" to connect the two pieces. Now that it is cured, I will go back and sand everything down to make it look (hopefully) like it was always one piece.
The connection looks rough right now
 I had a bunch of Apoxie left over and rather than make yet another pumpkin or skull with it, I decided to make my own full moon. I rolled it and flattened it into a disk and added "craters" by pressing the pad of my pinkie finger into the Apoxie. Next step for that piece is to paint it.
Looking at the assemblage, there was a big empty spot below where the moon would be. It bothered me so to distract myself, I looked through some of my Other People's Family photos and found this guy. He's handsome, but has a sad look to him. Did he get turned into a vicious killer against his will? I think he did.

I wanted old bullets for this assemblage and my hubby's friend was able to hook me up with some spent shells (they aren't live and they were collected from a shooting range, he's a police officer). I'll be painting the bullets silver and maybe adding a bit of rust or paint to them so they don't look so new and shiny.
Not much longer and I should be done with this piece!
In the meantime, I started another smaller piece that I doesn't have a title yet. I found some metal tart pans at an antique store and snatched up three of them. I thought I'd put one inside a neat old wooden box I found, but then I set one down on top of an old iron rest and loved how it looked.
I put various dolls, skulls, bones, toys, and papers in the heart but nothing looked right. Once again, I distracted myself by looking at Other People's Family photos and found this couple. They fit perfectly inside the heart so I traced the pan and cut them out.
Next step is to clean the iron rest and rust it more than it already is. I'm thinking of rusting the heart and adding a bunch of paint to it then gluing the photo in place. I might add a layer of stain to the photo as well. I have several small metal embellishments I will add and then I need to add something to the back so it can hang on a wall.

I think this will be a busy summer.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 6

Oh my goodness, today started off badly. I'm not feeling so great, but I have to power through this little challenge, so here we are. I'm grateful that I at least have the day off to wallow in crankiness.

Initially, I wanted to make a ghostly tag and have some cool stickers on it that spell out 'Boo' but as with most projects, things took a turn...

I grabbed a tag, some nice Tim Holtz Halloween paper, those cool stickers, a Tim Holtz Paper Doll, Ranger Pigment Ink in Glacier White, Distress ink in Tea Dye, Glossy Accents, cheesecloth, and my favorite Tim Holtz tree stamp.



I inked up the stamp in Tea Dye, but it was lighter than I remembered. I grabbed some Distress ink in Walnut Stain and added lowlights and edged the card really well.

I dabbed the Glacier White over the paper doll to give her a very faded appearance. As she dried, I inked my stamp in Glacier White and stamped it onto my tag. Ghostly, but too ghostly. My heart sank. I grabbed my Archival ink in Black a…

31 Tags of Halloween: Day 12

Today's tag was really begun last night and finished today. I'm not feeling very well today so I'm at home taking it easy. I decided to make a shaker tag when a piece of Tim Holtz packaging caught my eye and I'm planning on submitting it to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Not a Card" this week.

Let me start by saying that I haven't ever made a shaker card or tag before but inspiration struck me and I cobbled together something a little different...and definitely not a card!

My supplies included a tag, Tim Holtz Halloween paper stash, Tim Holtz Vignette Panel, Distress Stain in Hickory Smoke, Distress Ink in Black Soot, Distress Marker in Black Soot, Glossy Accents, Tim Holtz Collage Medium, Tim Holtz Halloween ephemera Eye doctor, Tim Holtz Pumpkin Pieces plastic packaging, Distress Clear Rock Candy glitter, black glitter paper (from my stash), E6000 glue, Tim Holtz metal word band, Tim Holtz Halloween Trimmings, and black creepy drape fabric.

Fir…

31 Tags of Halloween: Days 14 and 15

Yesterday, I didn't craft at all because I hosted my 2nd Annual Haunted Open House! It was such a fun day with lots of visitors and some of my creations went off to very good homes. By the end of the day I was 100% spent so I decided to just make two tags today.

I'm pretty tired and I didn't get any process photos either but I'll do better tomorrow!

Tag 14 is a spooked black cat that I made using Tim Holtz Halloween ephemera, Tim Holtz Halloween Clippings stickers, Distress Marker in Black Soot, and Distress Ink in Carved Pumpkin and Lucky Clover.

I inked the entire tag with Carved Pumpkin and edged in Lucky Clover. I edged the cat ephemera in the Black Soot marker and added it to the tag with Glossy Accents.

I edged the stickers in Lucky Clover and added Glossy Accents to the back to help it stay on better.

Tag 15 was a bit of trial and error. I used Distress Ink in Wilted Violet and Black Soot Archival in black, a Tim Holtz Halloween Clippings sticker, and Glossy Acc…