Skip to main content

Good News and Bad News...

First, the good news!  Zombidays: Festivities of the Flesheaters is available NOW so run and buy it.  With a hot dog eating contest and zombies, you can't really lose, can you?  My short story is called "Time to Eat."

On to the sad news.  Twisted Library Press has announced that due to the economy, all anthologies except for a few are cancelled and all rights revert to the authors.  TLP will still be producing novels, but for an undetermined time, no anthologies.  You can read more about it here.  I'm sad that these stories no longer have a home, but I support Doc and when he opens a call for submissions in the future, you can bet I'll be right there with a story in hand.

Short Stories that are now released to me that I will be finding homes for include:

"All Fun and Games" released from Made You Flinch--Again!
"Dracula Meets the Packrats" released from Groanology 2: Monsters, Madness, and Mayhem
"Zombie 101" released from Rapid Decomposition
"Outbreak" released from Rapid Decomposition
"Dracula Meets the Clutter Crew" released from Groanology: Amusing Monster Mash-Ups Unleashed
"Everyone Plays a Part: A Child's Guide to Surviving the Undead Wars" released from The Moron's Guide to Surviving the Inevitable Zombocalypse
"The Witches in the Walls" released from Tales from the Cauldron
"The Snipe Hunt" released from The Ladies of Horror
"Winds of the Enemy Ancestors" released from Vampology
"Minimized Exposure" released from Night of the Giving Dead
"Sleeping Beauty" released from Zombie Feary Tales
"Night of a Thousand Screams" released from Zombology III

Back to some good news!  "Picking Up the Pieces" is still slated to see print in No More Heroes. 

What can people do to help in this sad situation?  Buy a book.  Buy two books.  Buy a bunch of books.  I would hate to see this small press die, not because it made me a bit of money but because the publisher and the authors are like a big family to me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maker's Monday: Creepy Portraits

During the shelter at home, I've been finishing more project including these framed creepy 'family portraits.'
Supplies:
Metal Frames (these are vintage frames I found at an antique shop)
Alcohol Inks (I used Tim Holtz in Botanical, Orange Sunset, Teakwood, Gunmetal, Pitch Black, and Mushroom)
Tim Holtz Paper Dolls (I used dolls from a Halloween pack)
Scrapbook Paper (I used Tim Holtz paper from a Halloween stack)
Distress Marker in Black Soot
Distress Ink in Black Soot
Distress Spray Stain in Aged Mahogony
Duralar (or any other sheet of acetate)
Thick backer board (I used a piece of heavy backer board from Tim Holtz packaging)
Glue (I used Glossy Accents)

Tools:
Cotton Swabs
Paper Towel
Scissors

First, I washed both frames to remove any dust or grime and let them dry. I dripped on Botanical, Orange Sunset, and Teakwood alcohol inks on the frames and once dry, I rubbed on Gunmetal with a cotton swab. To make them more tarnished-looking, I swabbed on Pitch Black and let the…

Taking Flight

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  is to make something Christmassy. Seems odd for October, but what can you do? 
I had an idea for a vintage plastic reindeer but as I assembled supplies, my idea shifted a bit. 
Supplies: Tim Holtz Vignette Tray Yupo Paper Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink in Pitch Black Blending Solution Archival Ink in Jet Black Tim Holtz Tree Line Stamp Vintage Plastic Reindeer Acrylic Paint in Black Glossy Accents Recollections Vintage Glass Golden Glitter - previously dyed with the Alcohol Ink in Pitch Black E6000
I had the alcohol ink background from a previous project. First, I added a pool of Blending Solution to the Yupo paper and then added a few drops of the alcohol ink. I shifted the paper back and forth until about 3/4 of the paper was covered. I added more alcohol ink to make it a bit darker and shifted it again. 
Once dry, I added straight black alcohol ink to the white band for the horizon. After it was completely dry, I sealed with a few coats of …

Into the Woods

Our state is officially on a 'shelter in place' order and my little pumpkin diorama is complete! There was a lot of finger crossing going on while making the end bits, but thankfully, everything turned out great.

Supplies:
Aves Apoxie Clay
Model Trees
Black Acrylic Paint
Tim Holtz Boneyard
Tim Holtz Skull Fragments
Tim Holtz Tiny Lights
Clean Applesauce Cup
Thick Foam Sheet
White Paper
Shrinky Dink Paper (frosted)
E-6000
White Acrylic Paint

Tools:
Rotary Tool w/ Drill Bit
Paint Brush
Scissors
Plastic Paint Cup

First, I had to get the courage to drill a hole in the back of the pumpkin so I could feed the Tiny Lights through. Once I did, I had to widen it so the thicker plastic part of the strand would fit through.

Next, I kneaded the two-part Aves Apoxie and created a base inside the pumpkin. I added small balls of the clay to the trunks of the trees and then added them to the clay base, making sure they were anchored well and then smoothed out the raised areas. It took several…