Skip to main content

Me Make Funny Ha-Ha

Well, so far the few people that have read "Dracula Meets the Clutter Crew" have given it a thumbs-up. I witnessed one such reader and he laughed at all the right spots, so I consider that a win! It is in the hands (or inbox) of the editor now.

I'm still working away at my Haiku Horror Stories and have a favorite already. Not sure how many of these suckers would constitute a book, but I'll keep writing them and eventually, I'll stop. Here's a freebie:

When you meet John Doe
Try not to look at his hands
Its better that way

If you do see them
You'll see the thick, heavy scars
All pink and tender

And you'll catch a glimpse
Of the stub of a pinkie
With smoothed-over ends

You'll stare at his hands
And wonder how it happened
And get lost in thought

While you are staring
You'll remember a murder
A year or so back

When a girl was killed
And her face burned with acid
To hide who she was

And then something clicks
As you look look into his eyes
You'll smile out of fear

But he won't smile back
See, he knows what you're thinking
He's seen it before

So don't turn your back
Now that you know his secret
Or you will be next






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maker's Monday: Creepy Portraits

During the shelter at home, I've been finishing more project including these framed creepy 'family portraits.'
Supplies:
Metal Frames (these are vintage frames I found at an antique shop)
Alcohol Inks (I used Tim Holtz in Botanical, Orange Sunset, Teakwood, Gunmetal, Pitch Black, and Mushroom)
Tim Holtz Paper Dolls (I used dolls from a Halloween pack)
Scrapbook Paper (I used Tim Holtz paper from a Halloween stack)
Distress Marker in Black Soot
Distress Ink in Black Soot
Distress Spray Stain in Aged Mahogony
Duralar (or any other sheet of acetate)
Thick backer board (I used a piece of heavy backer board from Tim Holtz packaging)
Glue (I used Glossy Accents)

Tools:
Cotton Swabs
Paper Towel
Scissors

First, I washed both frames to remove any dust or grime and let them dry. I dripped on Botanical, Orange Sunset, and Teakwood alcohol inks on the frames and once dry, I rubbed on Gunmetal with a cotton swab. To make them more tarnished-looking, I swabbed on Pitch Black and let the…

Taking Flight

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  is to make something Christmassy. Seems odd for October, but what can you do? 
I had an idea for a vintage plastic reindeer but as I assembled supplies, my idea shifted a bit. 
Supplies: Tim Holtz Vignette Tray Yupo Paper Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink in Pitch Black Blending Solution Archival Ink in Jet Black Tim Holtz Tree Line Stamp Vintage Plastic Reindeer Acrylic Paint in Black Glossy Accents Recollections Vintage Glass Golden Glitter - previously dyed with the Alcohol Ink in Pitch Black E6000
I had the alcohol ink background from a previous project. First, I added a pool of Blending Solution to the Yupo paper and then added a few drops of the alcohol ink. I shifted the paper back and forth until about 3/4 of the paper was covered. I added more alcohol ink to make it a bit darker and shifted it again. 
Once dry, I added straight black alcohol ink to the white band for the horizon. After it was completely dry, I sealed with a few coats of …

Into the Woods

Our state is officially on a 'shelter in place' order and my little pumpkin diorama is complete! There was a lot of finger crossing going on while making the end bits, but thankfully, everything turned out great.

Supplies:
Aves Apoxie Clay
Model Trees
Black Acrylic Paint
Tim Holtz Boneyard
Tim Holtz Skull Fragments
Tim Holtz Tiny Lights
Clean Applesauce Cup
Thick Foam Sheet
White Paper
Shrinky Dink Paper (frosted)
E-6000
White Acrylic Paint

Tools:
Rotary Tool w/ Drill Bit
Paint Brush
Scissors
Plastic Paint Cup

First, I had to get the courage to drill a hole in the back of the pumpkin so I could feed the Tiny Lights through. Once I did, I had to widen it so the thicker plastic part of the strand would fit through.

Next, I kneaded the two-part Aves Apoxie and created a base inside the pumpkin. I added small balls of the clay to the trunks of the trees and then added them to the clay base, making sure they were anchored well and then smoothed out the raised areas. It took several…