Monday, February 1, 2010

Other People's Families

So I hit an antique mall yesterday and was sad to see that there really aren't a lot of old photographs. I collect them (mostly people with cats or dogs) and since being back in Illinois I've noticed they are few and far between. There was a slew of pics from the early seventies, but they seemed like reproductions. Ah well. I did get one of a little girl in a lovely white gown and a family picture that looks like two little boys are conjoined. Anywho, I wonder if the slim pickins means that people are valuing their ancestors and family histories more OR if people are snatching up all the pictures out there so they can charge outrageous prices for them. I paid over $4 for a picture yesterday that normally would be $2.


No comments:

Post a Comment